On this day, in 1978, a classic film titled Pranam Khareedu introduced a 23-year-old Madras film Institute graduate named Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad aka Megastar Chiranjeevi and the rest is history. Today, Pranam Khareedu turns 40 and so does Megastar’s journey in Tollywood.
Pranam Khareedu was directed by Vasu and produced by noted filmmaker Kranthi Kumar. After Pranam Khareedu, Chiru went on to create an indelible mark on Tollywood with numerous all-time classic films and blockbusters and attained a cult following among millions of his fans worldwide.
Currently, Chiru is in Georgia, shooting for the most eagerly awaited historical biopic Sye Raa. The film marks his 151st silver screen appearance.
Articles that might interest you:
- Popular child artiste Teja all set to turn hero
- Nandini Reddy reveals the secret of Samantha’s success
- Talented actress opens up about her choice of roles
- Transgender actress in Rajinikanth’s next
- Hindi actor’s role revealed in Darbar
- Grand event to celebrate Maharshi’s 50 day run