Tamil superstar Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s upcoming film, Mersal, was in news recently when Twitter India launched an exclusive Mersal emoji. It was the first time that a South Indian film was given this special honor.
And now, Mersal becomes the first South Indian film to trademark its title. Trademarking a title would mean that those who are going to using Mersal in association with their brands will have to pay royalty to Mersal’s producers. Apparently, it took the makers six months to get the trademark process done.
Mersal, also starring Kajal, Samantha and Nitya Menen, is nearing completion. The film’s audio album, composed by AR Rahman, is creating a decent buzz. Atlee is directing the film and Sri Thenandal Films banner is bankrolling the project.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Post Shankar’s film which director should Ram Charan work with?
- National award-winning stunt co-ordinators join Kamal-Lokesh’s Vikram
- Balakrishna confirms film with Anil Ravipudi?
- Rashmika Mandanna wanted to leave social media for mental peace
- Harish Shankar to announce an OTT project soon?
- Adipurush’s special schedule only for him?