Tamil superstar Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s upcoming film, Mersal, was in news recently when Twitter India launched an exclusive Mersal emoji. It was the first time that a South Indian film was given this special honor.
And now, Mersal becomes the first South Indian film to trademark its title. Trademarking a title would mean that those who are going to using Mersal in association with their brands will have to pay royalty to Mersal’s producers. Apparently, it took the makers six months to get the trademark process done.
Mersal, also starring Kajal, Samantha and Nitya Menen, is nearing completion. The film’s audio album, composed by AR Rahman, is creating a decent buzz. Atlee is directing the film and Sri Thenandal Films banner is bankrolling the project.
- Vijay Devarakonda’s solid statement against piracy sites
- Thugs of Hindostan makes shocking low collections
- Rajasekhar in full swing with Kalki shoot
- Balakrishna takes a break from NTR for Telangana elections
- Lakshmi Manchu opens up about working with Jyothika