Vijay’s Mersal has taken a phenomenal opening at the box-office. Directed by Atlee, the film had released in Tamil amidst high drama following a delay in issuing of a NOC certificate by Animal Welfare board, apart from the ticket price hike.
As per the reports in Kollywood, the film collected more than Rs 31 crores on it’s opening day, and it is the highest Tamil grossing film of the year. In Chennai alone, the film is said to have collected more than Rs 1.5 crores on day one and in the process, Mersal broke the record set by Kabali and later Vivegam.
Meanwhile, in the US, the film went on to set a non-Rajini film record among Tamil films and analysts are hoping that it will gross more than $1 million in long run.
Articles that might interest you:
- Shilpa Shetty’s family in COVID scare
- Chay-Raashi Khanna’s Thank You wrapped up
- Sundeep Kishan locks an interesting bilingual
- Suriya going the Pawan Kalyan way- Deets inside
- This is when NTR and Charan meet in RRR
- Katrina Kaif to romance Vijay Devarakonda?