Vijay-Atlee’s Mersal was in news upon its release because of its references to GST and Digital India, and there was a lot of hue and cry about it for days altogether in October. Later, the film went on to become a huge hit.
More than a month later, the film is back in news yet again with a noted playwright S Ve Shekar claiming that the producers suffered Rs 60 crores loss from the film. He also questioned the logic behind the shocking renumeration which Atlee reportedly got for the film.
However, his allegations haven’t gone down well with Vijay’s fans and several people in Tamil film industry criticised him for making baseless statements when everyone agrees that the film is a blockbuster. We’ll have to wait and see what the producers of Mersal have to say about it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tenali Ramakrishna BA BL’s special premieres in 4 cities
- Bigg Boss winner but no big offers
- Mahesh Babu not bothered about Sankranthi competition
- Change of plan for KGF director
- Here a juicy update from Bunny’s Ala Vaikunthapuramlo
- Rashmi to shock everyone in her maiden web series?