The ongoing MeToo movement in which women and men are revolting against the decades-old harassment and abuse in the film, media and other industries has received a huge support from 2 top stars within 2 days.
First, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan announced yesterday that he has decided to quit the ambitious biopic, Moghul, after being informed about the harassment cases against the film’s director Subhash Kapoor.
And today, yet another leading Bollywood star Akshay Kumar followed Aamir’s suit. Akshay announced that he has asked the producer of his ongoing multi-starrer, Houseful 4, to stall the next schedule until the film’s director Sajid Khan comes out clean from the harassment allegations. With more and more stars being outed with each passing day, it will be interesting to see how this entire movement will shape up in near future.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star heroine’s special song in Varun Tej’s Ghani
- Nag Ashwin Comments About Prabhas’s Project K
- Drushyam 2’s OTT premiere date locked?
- Trivikram setting up Athadu combo for SSMB28
- Amitabh starts shooting for Prabhas’s Project K
- Amazon Prime signs Naga Chaitanya for another film?