The ongoing MeToo movement in which women and men are revolting against the decades-old harassment and abuse in the film, media and other industries has received a huge support from 2 top stars within 2 days.
First, Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan announced yesterday that he has decided to quit the ambitious biopic, Moghul, after being informed about the harassment cases against the film’s director Subhash Kapoor.
And today, yet another leading Bollywood star Akshay Kumar followed Aamir’s suit. Akshay announced that he has asked the producer of his ongoing multi-starrer, Houseful 4, to stall the next schedule until the film’s director Sajid Khan comes out clean from the harassment allegations. With more and more stars being outed with each passing day, it will be interesting to see how this entire movement will shape up in near future.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamil exhibitors demand 10% extra share from Master’s makers
- Big update: Prabhas to join forces with star Bollywood director
- Seetimaarr gets a release date- Deets Inside
- Latest update on Pooja Hegde’s role in Acharya
- Update – Pushpa’s big release date is here
- Official: Team Salaar welcomes Shruti Haasan on board