Soon after he took over as the President of AMMA (Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes), Mohanlal convened a General Body Meeting. AMMA’s General Council reinstated controversial actor Dileep back into the association. Dileep was earlier banned from AMMA after being accused in the sensational assault case of a star Malayalam heroine.
AMMA’s decision angered many Artistes, freethinkers and even politicians. In a protest, a few actresses, who are also members of the Women in Cinema Collective, resigned from AMMA. More than 100 acclaimed Mollywood artistes and filmmakers wrote a letter to AMMA and condemned the association’s decision.
But what followed was a much bigger shock. Mohanlal released a letter in which he said that there were no vested interests in reinstating Dileep into AMMA. In a shocking gesture, Mohanlal went on to extend support to Dileep, saying that he was a victim of the ‘trial by media’. Needless to say, this further angered the protestors and they all started lashing out at Mohanlal for his nonsensical decision.
Articles that might interest you:
- 2018: USA Telugu rights bagged by this distribution company
- Teja reveals the tentative title of his film with Rana Daggubati
- Universal Hero makes sensational comments about The Kerala story
- Pre-look poster of Charan’s production venture is interesting
- BRO: Powerful update to drop tomorrow
- Varun Tej’s Gandeevadhari Arjuna: Makers reveal a key update
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food