The Indian government today announced the prestigious Padma Awards to 112 dignitaries for their contribution towards various fields. Former President Pranab Mukherjee has been honored with the county’s highest civilian award, Bharat Ratna.
From the world of cinema, Malayalam star Mohanlal has been awarded Padma Bhushan, the third highest civilian award. Legendary lyricist Sirivennela Seetharamashastry, choreographer, actor and filmmaker Prabhu Deva, actor Manoj Bajpayee, playback singer Shankar Mahadevan and drummer Sivamani have been honored with the Padma Shri Awards.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thaman on board for Mahesh’s next!
- Rajinikanth’s fifth entry into the 200 crore club!
- Surprising success of Dear Comrade’s Hindi version
- Is this the title of Prabhas’ next?
- Former President Pranab Mukherjee honors Allu Aravind
- Ram Charan teases Varun Tej