Malayalam stalwart actor Mohanlal’s fantasy thriller, Odiyan, had a grand release on Friday amid unprecedented hype and expectations. Although critics had given underwhelming reviews, Odiyan’s Malayalam version has set a new opening day record in Mollywood.
On day one, Odiyan had collected a whopping Rs 7.22 crore gross across Kerala with a share of Rs 3.24 crore. The film had erased the previous day one record set by Vijay’s Sarkar (Rs 6.61 crore). Worldwide, Odiyan collected Rs 18.06 crore gross, beating the previous record set by Nivin Pauly’s Kayamkulam Kochunni Rs 9.32 crores.
Abhiram Daggubati and Samapath Kumar of Daggubati Creations have released Odiyan’s Telugu version. Popular Malayalam ad filmmaker Shrikumar Menon has directed the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Young actress in talks for F3’s special dance number
- Kamal Haasan to step into Vijay’s shoes?
- Alia Bhatt begins prep for Shah Rukh Khan’s film
- Vijay Sethupathi’s key role in the most awaited Amazon series?
- Rakul Preet has an unfulfilled wish in Bollywood
- Radhe Shyam’s Hindi producers differ with UV Creations on this aspect?