Dennis Joseph was the director who cast Silk Smitha as the heroine opposite Mammootty in the Malayalalam flick Adharvam. As Dirty Picture gets ready for a release the director recollected that Silk Smitha was among the genuinely serious artistes that he had ever worked with. Joseph was quoted saying ” I’d heard that she was a troublemaker. But I was convinced that only she could play the role… When I worked with Smitha, though, I found she was a disciplined and obedient artiste.
She was bold, but well behaved. She was intelligent, well read and worldly wise… All this made her very different from the other heroines I have worked with.” Not many are aware that Silk Smitha has acted in 14 films as a heroine. Tulsidas who directed her in the critically acclaimed Layanamin says that the repeated casting of a vamp killed the actress in her.
Considering the huge following that she has in the South (Malayalam especially) the makers of Dirty Picture are reportedly keen on dubbing the film in leading southern languages.
- Nani clarifies rumors about his next
- Puri changes gameplan for son’s next film
- Suriya and Vijay: Clash of the Titans confirmed for Diwali
- 13 back-to-back 100 Cr movies in 8 years, Salman’s stunning record
- Interesting details about Nani’s Jersey revealed