It’s been over 5 months since movie theaters across the country came to a sudden halt due to the lockdown. With India still reporting the highest number of Coronavirus positive cases in the world, the union government is in no mood to reopen theaters. Even the new guidelines for Unlock4 have not facilitated the reopening of theaters, and this has made the exhibitors across the country fuming.
Several Indian film exhibitors are taking to social media and are openly targeting various superstars of the country. “Dear stars, have you forgotten the theaters that made you superstars and brought you so much fame? Will you show us your support at least now?,” tweeted a popular exhibitor. Well, the big question now is – will our stars come out in public and show their support for theaters reopening?
Already, the Indian film exhibition industry has suffered massive losses to the tune of over Rs 1,000 crores. With most other industries resuming normally and the government still not giving its nod despite the theaters managements coming up with all the necessary safety measures, movie exhibitors have been left in a hapless situation.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production of Mahesh-Trivikram film in full swing
- Samantha on a crazy mission in The Famil Man 2
- Prabhas-Nag Ashwin project pushed to 2022
- Krithi Shetty clarifies about her future projects
- Telangana government extends lockdown till 30th May
- Tough times ahead for India’s hero Sonu Sood