Recently, there were reports that the Tamil version of Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated gangster drama, Kaala, was censored with a UA certificate. Rumors were abuzz that the CBFC had suggested 14 cuts to tone down violence in a few scenes to clear the movie with a UA instead of an A certificate.
However, Vinod, Executive Director of Wunderbar Films, the banner that bankrolled Kaala, clarified in a media interaction that the reports of censor board asking for 14 cuts are completely baseless. He confirmed that Kaala has indeed been censored with a UA certificate.
Vinod, however, didn’t reveal much details about the film’s release plans amid the ongoing theater strike by the TFPC. Kaala is still scheduled for an April 27 release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Akhanda doing solid pre-release business?
- Mahesh’s star power: Sarkaru Vaari Paata’s massive new record
- Trivikram wraps up a key aspect of Mahesh’s next?
- Balamevvadu title track: Keeravani sings in Manisharma’s composition
- Mahesh Babu’s debut film Rajakumarudu turns 22
- Chiranjeevi’s heartfelt wishes on Sonu Sood’s b’day