Recently, there were reports that the Tamil version of Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated gangster drama, Kaala, was censored with a UA certificate. Rumors were abuzz that the CBFC had suggested 14 cuts to tone down violence in a few scenes to clear the movie with a UA instead of an A certificate.
However, Vinod, Executive Director of Wunderbar Films, the banner that bankrolled Kaala, clarified in a media interaction that the reports of censor board asking for 14 cuts are completely baseless. He confirmed that Kaala has indeed been censored with a UA certificate.
Vinod, however, didn’t reveal much details about the film’s release plans amid the ongoing theater strike by the TFPC. Kaala is still scheduled for an April 27 release.
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu
- Bharath Ane Nenu actress joins Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake