Recently, there were reports that the Tamil version of Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated gangster drama, Kaala, was censored with a UA certificate. Rumors were abuzz that the CBFC had suggested 14 cuts to tone down violence in a few scenes to clear the movie with a UA instead of an A certificate.
However, Vinod, Executive Director of Wunderbar Films, the banner that bankrolled Kaala, clarified in a media interaction that the reports of censor board asking for 14 cuts are completely baseless. He confirmed that Kaala has indeed been censored with a UA certificate.
Vinod, however, didn’t reveal much details about the film’s release plans amid the ongoing theater strike by the TFPC. Kaala is still scheduled for an April 27 release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acclaimed Telugu crime comedy goes to Bollywood
- Keerthy Suresh in this crazy sequel?
- British model all set for a comeback to South?
- Rajamouli makes an appeal to COVID-19 survivors
- Alia Bhatt in talks for two more pan-India projects?
- This talented actor to foray into the web world?