Recently, there were reports that the Tamil version of Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated gangster drama, Kaala, was censored with a UA certificate. Rumors were abuzz that the CBFC had suggested 14 cuts to tone down violence in a few scenes to clear the movie with a UA instead of an A certificate.
However, Vinod, Executive Director of Wunderbar Films, the banner that bankrolled Kaala, clarified in a media interaction that the reports of censor board asking for 14 cuts are completely baseless. He confirmed that Kaala has indeed been censored with a UA certificate.
Vinod, however, didn’t reveal much details about the film’s release plans amid the ongoing theater strike by the TFPC. Kaala is still scheduled for an April 27 release.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT Review : Repeat – Telugu film on Hotstar
- Can Adivi Sesh repeat ‘Major’ feat with HIT 2
- Latest update on Kiara Advani’s wedding?
- Is this the release date of Vijay’s Varisu?
- Is Janhvi Kapoor dating this handsome man?
- Date locked for the Bollywood biggie’s trailer launch