Easily in the best phase of his career with the phenomenal successes of Manam, MEK and the Sankranthi blockbuster Soggade Chinni Nayana, Akkineni Nagarjuna is ready with his next film, a Telugu-Tamil bilingual titled Oopiri/Thozha.
Last night, Oopiri’s audio launch event was held in a grand manner. Speaking on the occasion, Nag described his fans as his ‘Oopiri’. Nag further stated that he has been following the spirit behind his son Naga Chaitanya’s upcoming movie Saahasam Swaasaga Saagipo’s title ever since the early days of his career and that was the reason why he acted in films like Geethanjali, Shiva, Annamayya, Manam, Soggade Chinni Nayana and now Oopiri.
Talking about Oopiri, Nag said that the film is a beautiful tale of friendship, love and companionship and that he found a good friend in his co-star Karthi. Nag assured his fans not to be worried about him playing a wheelchair-bound paraplegic since his heart will ‘fly’ throughout the film.
Directed by Vamshi Paidipally, Oopiri has been produced by PVP Cinema and it also stars Tamannaah. The songs composed by Gopi Sundar have become a huge success already. Oopiri is slated for a release on March 25.
Articles that might interest you:
- Surender Reddy making Akhil’s film quite expensive
- Coroa effect- Budget rises for Nani’s Shyam Singha Roy
- Vishal gearing up for a multi-starrer with this hero
- Latest update on Sarkaru Vaari Paata’s US schedule
- Balayya’s film with senior director shelved?
- Photo Moment: Anushka flaunts her baby bump in a pool