Of the four movies that Naga Chaitanya has acted as a hero, two were love stories and two were action films. Of those, “Yaem Maaya Chaesaavo” and “100% love” did the trick at the box office, while “Josh” and “Dhada” did not go the distance. When one considers the lineage it is not all that surprising. ANR did not have a concrete action role scripted till he got Abhimanyu in Maaya Bazaar. Vikram not withstanding, Nagarjuna had to wait till RGV cast him in and as Siva. Naga Chaitanya’s predicament is no different today. After the two mishits, his fans would be hoping that he gets it right the third time around. Ramu says the intensity is very much there, and is certain that the young man will go a long way as an action hero. The promos look promising. The only problem could be the expectations factor. Siva was spared the hype. At that time RGV was an unknown entity. Today, if Bezawada can exceed the expectations and deliver, one can truly say Naga Chaitanya the action hero has arrived.
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Tanish confident of Rangu’s success
- Former heroine’s Tollywood comeback after 8 years