On the day of Love Story’s theatrical trailer launch, hero Nagarjuna compared Love Story’s poster with the poster of his legendary father Akkineni Nageswara Rao’s iconic tragic romance, Prem Nagar. And, in a beautiful coincidence, Love Story released on September 24, exactly 50 years after since the release of Prem Nagar, which released on September 24, 1971.
Even during his speech at Love Story’s success meet last night, Nagarjuna continued his comparisons between Love Story and Prem Nagar. He reminded everyone how Prem Nagar braved a huge storm and cyclonic conditions during its release and said that Love Story will also brave Cyclone Gulab and pandemic and conquer box-office eventually.
Nag also said that a major Bollywood film could only manage to collect Rs 3 to 4 crore upon its release, whereas Love Story collected Rs 7 crore on its opening day alone. He praised Telugu film lovers’ passion for good cinema and their constant support for films with good content.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay’s Beast to be wrapped up during this time
- Reason behind Akash Puri’s emotional speech at Romantic event
- Ananya Pandey responds to being thrown out of a big south film
- Poll : What’s your take on the Radhe Shyam teaser?
- Samantha to give a befitting response to all her haters?
- Action-packed start for Ram Charan’s RC15