Film star Akkineni Nagarjuna unveiled a 9 ft bronze statue of his late father and legendary thespian Akkineni Nageswara Rao, at the ANR College in Gudiwada yesterday. Nag also presented the Akkineni International Award and Gold Medals to prominent personalities like K Raghavendra Rao, Gopalakrishna, Justice Parvatha Rao, Gopichand and Sampath Kumar.
Speaking on the occasion, Nagarjuna expressed his happiness in unveiling the statue and thanked the Akkineni fans for their continued support. The inaugural ceremony was also graced by Amala Akkineni, Akhil Akkineni, Sushanth, and Minister Kamineni Srinivasa Rao.
The entire event was organized by the Akkineni Foundation of America, headed by Dr. Thotakura Prasad.
- Legendary composer’s musical night to raise funds
- Superstar extends support to Mr. Majnu
- Keeravaani praises Thaman for his latest chartbuster
- Vikram’s Saamy completes censor; All set for Sep 21 release
- Will Nani team up with Brahmotsavam director?