King Akkineni Nagarjuna’s participation in the i1 Super Series Racing league has been confirmed. He will own the Hyderabad team and it is the fourth of nine cities to confirm its participation. Each team will have driver of Indian origin and an International driver.
Nagarjuna joins the league of team owners like actor Shah Rukh Khan (Mumbai), Arindam Choudhury (New Delhi) and hotelier Arjun Baljee (Bangalore).The i1 Super Series will consist of 12 races with 9 teams representing different Indian cities. The races will be held in India, UAE, Malaysia, Bahrain and Qatar and the inaugural race will be in January.
Anjana Reddy, Director of Machdar Motorsports, announced the participation “I am very pleased to announce that we have finalised a new team owner for the Super Series, which is slated for January 2012. It is a huge boost for us to have Nagarjuna as the owner of the Hyderabad franchise. He is an excellent addition for the i1Super Series.”
Nagarjuna said, “I am happy to be associated with India’s first major motor sport league. This will showcase India as a powerful entity in the world of motorsports and entertain the young new generation.”
Articles that might interest you:
- Rajamouli eager to resume RRR shoot
- Poll : Post Shankar’s film which director should Ram Charan work with?
- National award-winning stunt co-ordinators join Kamal-Lokesh’s Vikram
- Balakrishna confirms film with Anil Ravipudi?
- Rashmika Mandanna wanted to leave social media for mental peace
- Harish Shankar to announce an OTT project soon?