Nandamuri fans and family members are in a state of utter shock due to the tragic passing away of Nandamuri Harikrishna in a car accident near Anneparthi, Nalgonda this morning. Harikrishna was 61. He is survived by his wives Lakshmi and Shalini and his two sons Kalyanam and NTR and daughter Suhasini.
Harikrishna was born on September 2, 1956, in Nimmakuru, Krishna district. He debuted in films as a child artiste with the 1967 film, Sri Krishnavataram. He went on to act in popular movies like Tatamma Kala and Daana Veera Soora Karna before taking a break from acting for 2 decades.
In 1998, Harikrishna returned to the silver screen with a cameo in Sri Ramulayya. He went on to play lead roles in hits like Seetharama Raju, Lahiri Lahiri Lahirilo and Seethayya. He was last seen in the 2005 film, Sravanamasam.
In politics, Harikrishna played a key role in the rise of his legendary father NT Ramarao’s Telugu Desam Party. In fact, it was Harikrishna who drove the Chaitanya Ratham campaign vehicle that was crucial in NT Ramarao coming to power as the chief minister of erstwhile Andhra Pradesh in 1983.
In his illustrious life as a public servant, Harikrishna became a minister for transport in Chandrababu Naidu’s cabinet in 1996. In 2008, he was elected as TDP’s MP in the Rajya Sabha. He was a TDP Polit Bureau member until he breathed his last.
Articles that might interest you:
- Two heroines finalized for Balayya-Boyapati film?
- Nithiin’s Andhadhun remake gets a launch date
- Bond25 ‘No Time To Die’ to give a tough competition to Sri Rama Navami releases
- Poll : Which genre films should Vijay Deverakonda do?
- Tamil hero Vishnu Vishal’s charming look from Aranya out now
- Aditi Rao Hydari defends Samantha, but keeps mum about Maha Samudram