Tollywood stars Nani, Samantha and the critically acclaimed indie gem Mallesham won the top honors at the latest of the Critics’ Choice Film Awards (CCFA). While the Natural Star bagged the Best Actor award for his performance in Jersey, Samantha was chosen for the Best Actress award for her performance in Oh! Baby.
Also, Mallesham, the much acclaimed indie biopic on Asu Machine inventor Padma Shri Chintakindi Mallesham has been adjudged the Best Film. Jersey’s director Gautam Thinnanuri has been awarded the Best Director award. Finally, young writer-director Vivek Athreya has won the Best Writing award for his hit comedy thriller, Brochevarevaruraa.
The CCFA Awards are held annually to celebrate the best of cinema from across the country, including Hindi Cinema. Some of the country’s prominent film critics choose their favorite choices from their respective languages.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi-led CCC’s new initiative for cine workers
- Chiranjeevi condoles his senior fans’ demise
- Except those screening Vakeel Saab, cinema halls shut in Telangana
- Teja Sajja, Priya Prakash Varrier’s Ishq postponed
- A special surprise awaits Prabhas’ fans tomorrow
- Breaking: Telugu Film Producer’s Council’s key decision on film shootings