For the past couple of days, senior actor Radha Ravi’s speech, where he made sexist remarks on Nayanthara, has opened a huge debate in film and political circles in Tamil Nadu. Considering her popularity all over South India, the topic triggered a series of pleas from prominent names in Tamil cinema to condemn Radha Ravi, and some even went to the extent of stating that they won’t work with Radha Ravi or cover any events if he’s part of them.
Now, Nayanthara has broken her silence and gave a blistering response to Radha Ravi’s crass remarks. In her official statement, Nayanthara said, that instead of being a role model to the younger generation, Radha Ravi has come across as a misogynistic role model. She also thanked DMK chief Stalin for taking swift action and suspending Radha Ravi from the party.
Incidentally, Nayanthara has asked Nadigar Sangam to set up the internal Complaints Committee and commence an internal inquiry as per Vishakha Guidelines to address sexual assault and harassment complaints.
— Done Channel (@DoneChannel1) March 25, 2019
Articles that might interest you:
- Noted cinematographer’s directorial debut with Sree Vishnu’s next
- Nagarjuna reveals why Wild Dog’s team broke the Netflix deal
- Allu Arjun to be the chief guest of Chaavu Kaburu Challaga’s event
- Ranbir, Sandeep Vanga’s Animal seals a festive release
- Amala Paul opens up about her divorce
- Interesting title locked for Indraganti-Sudheer Babu film