Julie 2, Raai Lakshmi’s maiden Bollywood flick as a full-fledged heroine, released last week. Lakshmi’s sizzling glamorous avatar set the screens on fire. In Julie 2, Lakshmi is seen as an actress and the film deals with the casting couch menace in the film industry.
When asked about casting couch in the film industry in her latest interview with a leading English daily, Raai Lakshmi gave a rather sharp reply. “It exists in the industry, but I haven’t faced such issues myself. Karka Kasadara was my first film in Tamil, and the director RV Udayakumar introduced me. He’s almost like a father to me,” she said.
Lakshmi went on to reveal how she has built her career with integrity. “I have never compromised my values as a woman to get a role and never will. Whatever be my career, it is fiercely all mine. You need to ‘adjust’ only when you’re incompetent. And incompetency is sadly rather common,” Lakshmi concluded.
Articles that might interest you:
- Producer clarifies reports on Prabhudeva-Nayanthara film
- Ace director to venture into the digital world?
- Psycho director’s next confirmed
- Sukumar makes key suggestions for Uppena?
- Makers of Mahesh’s SVP yet to finalize the female lead?
- Lockdown Review : Illegal – Hindi web series on Voot