There was a time when producers used to think ten times to make a film with a medium-range hero. The budget was the biggest obstacle and they thought twice before spending money on the making or on the release.
This was because of the market values of that hero. Especially, it was more with medium-range heroes as the returns would be not that feasible after the film released did not get a good talk.
But those same medium-range heroes are now a safe bet for these producers. Their films are fetching a good price on OTT platforms and the producers can sell their films for a good amount and not being at risk.
However, there is a catch in this. If the prodcuer sells the film to a OTT platform for a fixed price he will get only that amount. But if the film had a theatrical release and a becomes a hit, he can make more money. So, it depends on the gut and decision making of the producer.
But this change is good as these medium-range hero films are safe for the makers and if not the theatrical release, the producer is happily opting for OTT release without facing any loss at least.
Articles that might interest you:
- Okkadu: Gunasekhar, Bhumika and others watched the special show
- Mahesh Babu’s Pokiri sets mighty record
- Rashmika to romance Naga Chaitanya?
- Liger to take a solid opening at the box office?
- News about Rana’s personal life is not true
- Rains no obstacle to Bimbisara and Sita Ramam