The Censor Board has decided not to re-certify A rated films for TV, thereby effectively ruling them out for screening on the small screen. This stunning decision is causing shock waves in the industry as quite a number of films with big actors get an A certificate these days.
The board is unwilling to allow any form of hard language,graphic violence, excessive skin show etc without an A certificate. Recently, films like Mahesh Babu’s ‘Businessman’ and Jr NTR’s ‘Dhammu’ received an A certificate.
The problem with this new rule is that film makers will lose very attractive amounts in the form of satellite rights. Apart from industry folks, even movie lovers are upset with this decision. The industry is expected to make a statement soon over this issue and a lot rides on this response. Let us see how this saga goes.
- Nannu Dochukunduvate’s latest collections
- Script work nearing completion for Sam’s prestigious project
- Poll : Which of these films are you excited to watch this weekend?
- Grand audio launch being planned for Chay’s next
- Date fixed for RC12’s first look