The Censor Board has decided not to re-certify A rated films for TV, thereby effectively ruling them out for screening on the small screen. This stunning decision is causing shock waves in the industry as quite a number of films with big actors get an A certificate these days.
The board is unwilling to allow any form of hard language,graphic violence, excessive skin show etc without an A certificate. Recently, films like Mahesh Babu’s ‘Businessman’ and Jr NTR’s ‘Dhammu’ received an A certificate.
The problem with this new rule is that film makers will lose very attractive amounts in the form of satellite rights. Apart from industry folks, even movie lovers are upset with this decision. The industry is expected to make a statement soon over this issue and a lot rides on this response. Let us see how this saga goes.
- Star cinematographer onboard Arjun Reddy’s Tamil remake
- Chiru makes a strong statement on unity among senior heroes
- Chay to team up with star producer for the second time?
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Fans threaten to boycott star hero’s film
- Nag ropes in talented composer for Manmadhudu sequel