Super Star Rajinikanth’s highly-anticipated gangster drama, Kaala, is gearing up for a grand worldwide release on June 7. However, the film is facing a huge hindrance ahead of its release in Karnataka.
Members of a fringe Kannada political outfit named Kannada Chalavali Vatal Paksha are obstructing Kaala’s release across Karnataka for Rajinikanth’s recent statements on the Cauvery River water distribution issue. The KCVP members also threatened to stop the release of Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam 2, as the actor too had voiced a similar opinion on the matter.
Today, members of the Kannada Rakshana Vedike stated that they will not let Kaala release in Karnataka even if Rajini tenders a public apology. On the other hand, the Kannada Film Chamber of Commerce too joined the protest and stated that not just Kaala or Vishwaroopam 2, but none of Rajini and Kamal’s future movies will ever release in Karnataka.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry