The VAT or Value Added Tax that is being imposed on some services is an annoying extra burden for many people. Recently, reports started doing the rounds that government is considering VAT for movie tickets! Theater owners, exhibitors and distributors were extremely concerned with the news.
But the government has now decided to drop the proposal “It is a good thing for the Film Industry that the government has decided to cancel the proposed VAT on movie tickets. Dasari Narayana Rao is one of the important people behind this success”, said a noted producer.
Dasari Narayana Rao apparently spoke to Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy personally over the matter. People involved in the distribution of movies are happy with this outcome and as movie lovers, we have a reason to cheer too.
- Balakrishna takes a break from NTR for Telangana elections
- Lakshmi Manchu opens up about working with Jyothika
- Director confirmed for RX100 Hindi remake
- My film could be the next : Nikhil on Taxiwaala piracy
- Mahesh to invite Rajini and Akshay to his multiplex?