Star Kollywood director Shankar has landed in a massive legal trouble. According to the latest reports, the Egmore Magistrate Court has issued a non-bailable warrant against director Shankar as he failed to appear before the court for Enthiran (Robot in Telugu) plagiarism case several times in 10 years.
Released in 2010, featuring Super Star Rajinikanth and Aishwarya Rai in lead roles, Shankar’s sci-fi thriller ‘Enthiran’ released and became a huge blockbuster at the box-office. However, a Tamil script writer naned Arur Tamilnadan had claimed that Enthiran’s story was written by him, and filed a case against director Shankar in the Egmore Court in Chennai. Now, the Court has issued a non-bailable warrant against Shankar.
The Court had ordered Shankar and producer Kalanithi Maran of Sun Pictures to appear before the court in 2019. But they both appealed against it. Writer Arur Tamilnadan has also sought Rs 1 crore for patent infringement from Shankar and Kalanithi Maran. Shankar is yet to respond on the issue.
Articles that might interest you:
- Krithi Shetty in demand; Hikes her remuneration?
- Balakrishna buys an expensive house in Jubilee Hills
- Nithiin, Nithya’s Ishq turns 9; Director hints at a sequel
- Buzz picks up for Nandita Swetha’s Akshara
- Koratala Siva finalizes Allu Arjun’s look in his film
- PSPK27 title locked-To be revealed on this date