Popular Bollywood actor-filmmaker Mahesh Manjrekar recently filed a police complaint after he received an extortion message to pay Rs 35 crores. Mahesh alleged that he received the message from an unidentified person claiming to be a member of dreaded underworld don Abu Salem’s gang.
Upon receiving the complaint from Mahesh a couple of days ago, the Mumbai Police had transferred it to the Anti-Extortion Cell (AEC) for further investigation. As per the latest reports, the person who messaged Mahesh has been arrested by the AEC on Thursday.
The accused has been identified as Milind Tusankar, who lost his livelihood due to the lockdown amid the Coronavirus pandemic and took to extortion to earn quick money.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acclaimed Tamil star turns villain for Mahesh Babu?
- Vijay Deverakonda becomes the first South Indian hero to pull off this feat
- Vithika Sheru all set for her new avatar
- Balayya asks for a bounded script to comeback director?
- Yash to share a chunk of profits from KGF 2’s collections
- Thanks to COVID- Sonu Sood’s dull career picks up