Popular Bollywood actor-filmmaker Mahesh Manjrekar recently filed a police complaint after he received an extortion message to pay Rs 35 crores. Mahesh alleged that he received the message from an unidentified person claiming to be a member of dreaded underworld don Abu Salem’s gang.
Upon receiving the complaint from Mahesh a couple of days ago, the Mumbai Police had transferred it to the Anti-Extortion Cell (AEC) for further investigation. As per the latest reports, the person who messaged Mahesh has been arrested by the AEC on Thursday.
The accused has been identified as Milind Tusankar, who lost his livelihood due to the lockdown amid the Coronavirus pandemic and took to extortion to earn quick money.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kajal and her husband get vaccinated
- Yesteryear heroine in Balayya’s next?
- Dhanush’s Karnan to be out on OTT soon
- Salman Khan’s solid gesture for COVID victims
- Allu Arjun on Arya: The greatest milestone in our lives
- Team Adipurush to shift to Hyderabad