Vijay’s Bigil released as a Diwali treat last Friday and received a positive response. But along with the accolades, also came in a few brickbats. Critics and feminists didn’t appreciate a superstar like Vijay calling a young obese woman footballer “Gundamma” (Fat chick) in the movie.
Many people found it ironic that a film like Bigil, which is dedicated to women, encouraged fatshaming against a young girl. On the other hand, Vijay fans reasoned that it was Vijay’s tactic to motivate the girl to give her best on the field. However, taking the criticism in their stride, Bigil makers reportedly chopped off the objectionable scene. Also, a couple of more scenes too were edited out to reduce the runtime, Wich was 179 minutes originally.
Nayanthara played the leading lady in Bigil. Atlee is the director and AGS Entertainment banner has produced the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pre-production of Mahesh-Trivikram film in full swing
- Samantha on a crazy mission in The Famil Man 2
- Prabhas-Nag Ashwin project pushed to 2022
- Krithi Shetty clarifies about her future projects
- Telangana government extends lockdown till 30th May
- Tough times ahead for India’s hero Sonu Sood