Yesterday, film and political circles were abuzz with the news that popular film star turned politician Powerstar Pawan Kalyan will be conferred with the prestigious Padma Bhushan award, the third highest civilian honour in India. Even though no official information is available on this, Pawan’s close association with the ruling BJP and the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, is giving strength to the rumour.
After acquiring a demigod status among his fans for his films and social work, Pawan Kalyan took to politics and established the Jana Sena Party. Though he did not contest in the general elections, Pawan expressed his support to the Modi led BJP and Babu’s TDP, and campaigned extensively against Congress and other political forces.
His charisma worked big time and both BJP and TDP fared well in the elections last year. It will be no surprise if Modi acknowledges Pawan’s services with a Padma award. On the other hand, a section of people are saying that it is too early to award Powerstar with the Padma award. But fans of Pawan Kalyan are overjoyed and are quite hopeful of this honour being bestowed on their hero.
- Karan Johar opens up about Hardik Pandya-KL Rahul controversy
- Bollywood star in talks for Shankar’s Indian 2?
- Kajal makes a surprising confession post Mumbai Marathon
- Proudly call myself a South Indian actor: Allu Arjun
- Press Note : PicknHook-an idea connects the locals to international