Despite releasing amidst intense protests and being banned in four Indian states, Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus, Padmaavat, went on to become a huge blockbuster in India and abroad. As per the latest trade reports, Padmaavat has finally breached the Rs 200 crore milestone.
Until its second Sunday, Padmaavat has collected a whopping Rs 210.50 crore nett across India. The film is still collecting more than 10 crore nett each day. With this, Padmaavat will surely set its eyes on the 300 crore milestone even as the upcoming Bollywood biggies, Pad Man and Aiyaary, are going to hit the screens on February 9.
On the other hand, Padmaavat has so far grossed over $131.50 crore ($20.50 million), taking its worldwide gross to Rs 405 crore. The film stars Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor as the main leads.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi’s son-in-law doesn’t want to enter the OTT world
- My friend, philosopher and guide: NTR wishes Kalyanram
- Promising actor plays Venky’s elder son in Narappa
- Here’s when Vakeel Saab will resume shooting
- Thaman begins work on Keerthy Suresh’s next
- Big change in Suriya’s next project?