Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming period drama, Padmaavat, is the most eagerly awaited movie that’s hitting the screens on January 25 after clearing all the censor hurdles. However, the film has been banned in 4 BJP-ruled states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and now Haryana.
This morning, Padmaavat’s makers moved the Supreme Court against the ban and the apex court has agreed to hear their petition tomorrow. Justifying the ban, the above state governments have said that the ban was imposed keeping in view the sentiments of a large number of people who felt that history had been distorted in the period drama.
Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor play important roles in this epic magnum opus.
Articles that might interest you:
- Bellamkonda Junior to romance 5 heroines in his debut film
- Star hero’s VFX company pulls off a stunning feat for Bigil
- Actor-producer Bandla Ganesh arrested
- Bigg Boss-These two contestants in danger zone this week
- Special announcement regarding #NBK105 tomorrow
- Whistle is dedicated to all women – Atlee