Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s upcoming period drama, Padmaavat, is the most eagerly awaited movie that’s hitting the screens on January 25 after clearing all the censor hurdles. However, the film has been banned in 4 BJP-ruled states like Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and now Haryana.
This morning, Padmaavat’s makers moved the Supreme Court against the ban and the apex court has agreed to hear their petition tomorrow. Justifying the ban, the above state governments have said that the ban was imposed keeping in view the sentiments of a large number of people who felt that history had been distorted in the period drama.
Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor play important roles in this epic magnum opus.
- Star daughter says she loves Prabhas
- Interesting update on Anushka’s Silence to be out soon
- Nandita’s Akshara slated for May release
- Suresh Babu is bringing a ‘Happy change’, but not through movies
- Krish to join Baahubali makers?