Acclaimed Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period saga, Padmaavat, finally hit the screens on January 25th amidst huge protests from the Karni Sena. The film opened to positive word of mouth and is collecting superb revenues at the box office.
The latest update is that the film has crossed the 100 crore milestone in India with the evening shows today, which is a remarkable achievement. Padmaavat is also holding its ground in regional languages like Telugu and Tamil and is expected to generate good collections by the end of its first week.
Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor played the main leads in this epic magnum opus.
Articles that might interest you:
- Indian 2: Shankar to spend a bomb for an action sequence
- Popular actor opts out of Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan
- Mahesh vs Bunny Sankranthi clash- Fight getting serious
- Prabhas’s actor friends to fly London for special bash
- Hilarious title for Dil Raju-Krish’s maiden production
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?