More than a month after CBFC denied to certify Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s epic drama Padmavati, it has once again raked in a controversy. According to the latest reports, CBFC is planning to form a committee constituting of historians and members of the royal family in Rajasthan to check the authenticity of the film.
The decision has clearly not gone down well with the film industry and hundreds of people took to Twitter to mock CBFC for trying to tamper with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s vision. Right from the beginning, the filmmaker has been claiming that he didn’t distort the story for commercial aspects; however, with members from the royal family coming onboard, it could lead to more problems according to several trade analysts.
The film has Shahid Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in lead roles. It remains to be seen when the film is going to see the daylight.
Articles that might interest you:
- Mattu Vadalara’s unique promotions become a talking point
- Venky Mama opens to solid occupancy all over
- Nithiin’s destination wedding in this country?
- Ajith’s Valimai begins in Hyderabad
- Mani Ratnam’s historical epic Ponniyin Selvan kick-starts in Thailand
- Shivathmika Rajasekhar signs her second film