After being postponed due to nasty controversies which resulted in a delay in the censor formalities, Bollywood filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s epic period saga, Padmavati, is finally clearing the censor hurdles. The CBFC has reportedly decided in an executive committee to grant a UA certificate to Padmavati.
However, in an unexpected move, the CBFC reportedly suggested the makers to also change the film’s title as Padmavat and to make a few changes in the super hit Ghoomar song to befit the character’s portrayal. Furthermore, a disclaimer stating that the film doesn’t glorify the ancient practice of Sati should be displayed before the movie begins and after the interval. The censor certificate will be issued soon as the makers have agreed to re-edit the 5 cuts as per the CBFC’s directive.
The latest buzz is that the film will be released in January, but an official announcement is awaited. Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor are the main leads in the movie. Stay tuned for more updates regarding this much-talked-about magnum opus.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nithiin’s destination wedding in this country?
- Ajith’s Valimai begins in Hyderabad
- Mani Ratnam’s historical epic Ponniyin Selvan kick-starts in Thailand
- Shivathmika Rajasekhar signs her second film
- Senior hero’s wish to act with NTR
- Mahesh Babu is a true Superstar: Rashmika