Jawan is just a few hours away from hitting the big screens. This is the second release of King Khan Shah Rukh this year after the industry hit Pathaan. The advance bookings opened for the film on last Friday, and the movie has been registering solid advances since then.
Till now, Pathaan held the record for the highest advances at the national chains (PVR, INOX, and Cinepolis – PIC) by selling 5,56,000 tickets for the opening day (post-pandemic). All eyes were on Jawan, and people thought the Atlee directorial will overtake Pathaan very easily. But Jawan got relatively fewer shows than Pathaan, as the former’s runtime is lengthy.
Despite the bottleneck, Jawan crossed Pathaan’s bookings at the national chains with a small margin (Jawan – 5,57,000). This is the highest ever for a Bollywood film, while Baahubali 2’s Hindi version still holds the top place. With this, it can be said that Jawan will create massive destruction at the box office. Depending on the early talk and reviews, the openings range will be decided. Jawan is poised for a sensational opening in Telugu and Tamil too.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting buzz: Thalapathy 68 to use AI tech for a song shoot
- Rukmini Vasanth becomes a talking point, Tollywood offers knocking her door
- MAD’s paid premieres details are here
- On War’s 4th anniversary, Ayan Mukerji meets NTR for War 2
- Tiger Nageswara Rao will stand as a milestone in Ravi Teja’s career: Ram Lakshman
- These three actresses come on board for Rajinikanth’s next