Baahubali 2, released in 2017, was not just an industry hit in Tollywood but also an Indian industry hit. Rajamouli’s directorial created a storm at the Bollywood box office and became the first film to cross 500 crore nett in the Hindi belt.
No Hindi film came even closer to Baahubali 2’s Hindi version collections, and the epic action drama film remained in the top spot for over 5 years. But Shah Rukh Khan’s comeback film Pathaan has now surpassed Baahubali 2, thereby becoming the number one Hindi film in India. The even more amazing thing is the film is still going strong at the box office.
Currently, Pathaan stands tall at 511.70 crore nett. This is undoubtedly one of the best-ever comebacks for any actor in India. Other upcoming films might have the potential to break Pathaan, but this spy action thriller’s achievement is extraordinary as it isn’t a sequel and just a standalone flick.
From breathtaking action sequences to eye-candy dance numbers, Pathaan has it all that a normal cine goer expects from a commercial film. Deepika’s glamour and John Abhraham’s menacing act as the baddie played a key role in the film’s earth-shattering success. Produced by YRF Films, Siddharth Anand directed this big-scale film.
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan wraps up PKSDT; All set to commence UBS
- Star actress to replace Kareena Kapoor in Bajrangi Bhaijaan’s sequel?
- Interview : Keerthy Suresh – For Dasara, I have the same feeling that I had for Mahanati
- Desamuduru re-release in confusion
- Malayalam’s blockbuster horror comedy gets its OTT release date
- Nani reveals the kind of cop role he wanted to play
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food