One of the leading stars In Telugu Cinema, Powerstar Pawan Kalyan, completes 19 years in Telugu film industry today. On 11th October 1996, Akkadammayi Ikkadabbayi launched Pawan Kalyan in the direction of late EVV Satyanarayana. The film also starred Supriya, Akkineni Nagarjuna’s niece. The film was produced by senior filmmaker Allu Arvind.
After a modest debut, Pawan went on to act in numerous blockbusters hits like Tholi Prema, Khushi, Gabbar Singh and Atharintiki Dharedhi etc and acquired a huge stardom among his fans. Pawan even turned director with Johnny, which was lauded for its technical brilliance. Enthusiastic Pawan fans have been celebrating this memorable occasion as World Pawanism Day.
In these 19 years, Pawan acted in 21 films and currently, the shooting of his upcoming film, Sardaar Gabbar Singh, is underway.
- Gear up for Amar Akbar Anthony’s ‘Pivot’
- After wrapping up Varma, Vikram’s son leaves for US for higher studies
- Young producer to approach Cyber Crime Police against her abuser
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu
- Bharath Ane Nenu actress joins Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake