Director Sriram Venu was an assistant director on a popular cola brand’s TV commercial featuring Pawan Kalyan nearly 2 decades ago. He is now thrilled to have directed the Power Star in the soon-to-release courtroom drama, Vakeel Saab. In a latest interview, the director revealed his emotional experience on the last day of Vakeel Saab’s shooting with Pawan.
Sriram Venu said that he had wrapped up Pawan’s part in 42 days. “On the last day of the shoot, Pawan sir expressed his happiness over shooting for the film and appreciated my work and also gave me a hug. I was literally in tears,” Sriram Venu said. The director went on to reveal that Pawan voluntarily asked for a retake after noticing that he wasn’t happy with a particular take.
Vakeel Saab, also featuring Anjali, Nivetha Thomas, Ananya Nagalla and Shruti Haasan, has been bankrolled jointly by Dil Raju and Boney Kapoor. The film is slated for release on April 9.
Articles that might interest you:
- Telugu Review : Shukra
- Mahanati producer wishes Nag Ashwin with a fun throwback story
- Sonu Sood turns saviour yet again
- Suspense on Vakeel Saab’s OTT premiere to end soon
- Saranga Dariya song surpasses a new milestone
- Solid deal for Shyam Singha Roy’s non-theatrical rights