Released last year, the small and charming romantic drama Pelli Choopulu went on to become a mammoth blockbuster at the box-office. The film is all set to be remade in Tamil, Hindi and Kannada and naturally, everyone expected it to sweep all the major film awards.
But in a couple of film awards that were held in Hyderabad recently, Pelli Choopulu was shown an empty hand, as the jury didn’t look beyond awarding Priyadarshi, who tickled everyone’s funny bones with his humorous act in the movie.
Deeply upset with it, Pelli Choopulu’s director Tharun Bhascker took to his Facebook page and vented out his angst on being sidelined and wondered at the way these award functions only chose to celebrate stardom and hierarchy. Tharun went on to vow to never bow down to stardom and market demands in his future movies.
- Janhvi Kapoor to get Norwegian honor
- Acclaimed actor turns TV host
- Sye Raa will be beyond everyone’s imagination: Nagababu
- Amid cancer rumors, star hero updates his health status
- Big surprise: Viswasam’s first single to be out in a few hours