Released last year, the small and charming romantic drama Pelli Choopulu went on to become a mammoth blockbuster at the box-office. The film is all set to be remade in Tamil, Hindi and Kannada and naturally, everyone expected it to sweep all the major film awards.
But in a couple of film awards that were held in Hyderabad recently, Pelli Choopulu was shown an empty hand, as the jury didn’t look beyond awarding Priyadarshi, who tickled everyone’s funny bones with his humorous act in the movie.
Deeply upset with it, Pelli Choopulu’s director Tharun Bhascker took to his Facebook page and vented out his angst on being sidelined and wondered at the way these award functions only chose to celebrate stardom and hierarchy. Tharun went on to vow to never bow down to stardom and market demands in his future movies.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these heroines is planning her career well?
- Interview – Navin Polishetty- I am super confident about Agent Sai Srinivas Athreya
- Tamannah thanks Omkar for Raju Gari Gadhi 3
- Noted critic’s U-Turn on Prabhas & Saaho
- Samantha the actress winning applause for Oh Baby
- Confirmed-Chay-Shekhar Kammula’s film from September