While he is already facing the fatwa issued by an Islamic group for composing music for the latest Persian film Muhammad, double Oscar winning music composer AR Rahman has faced yet another setback this time from the Archaeological Survey of India. The ASI has denied permission to AR Rahman’s music concert by the Taj Mahal, which was to be organised by the UP State Tourism Department on the NRI Day on 21st November.
Citing damages to the historic monument due to loud noise levels, the Director General of ASI refused to give permission for the concert within the protected area of the Mehtab Bagh on Taj Mahal campus in Agra, UP. The concert was being organised by the state’s Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. In 2011, Rahman’s musical concert was denied permission by ASI on similar grounds.
Articles that might interest you:
- News about mega hero disappointed on Sye Raa is false
- When Pawan wanted to commit suicide and saved by Chiranjeevi
- Poll : Birthday special-What do you like the most about Chiranjeevi?
- Anupama Parameswaran thrilled with Rakshasudu’s success
- Puri-Vijay Devarakonda film gets a title?
- Prabhas’ funny take on Anushka’s marriage