Several Tamil celebrities too have expressed their support for Jallikattu and criticised PETA. Tamil star Suriya too has condemned PETA’s double standards and its ‘campaign of lies’.
In a sharp counter, PETA alleged that Suriya joined Jallikattu protests only to exploit the public sentiment to promote his upcoming movie, S3. Nikunj Sharma, Government Affairs Liaison with PETA India, said, “It’s no coincidence that Suriya decided to speak only when his film S3 is about to release.”
PETA also said Suriya’s support for Jallikattu and his ‘pretence’ to gain publicity is in extremely poor taste. While PETA’s statement has angered his ardent fans, Suriya is yet to give his response.
Articles that might interest you:
- Top Tollywood producers meet YS Jagan
- Star hero announces sequel to his hit film
- Star heroine in talks to romance Mahesh in Chiru-Koratala film?
- Naga Ashwin gives a crazy update on Prabhas’ film
- Shankar pens a heartfelt message for Indian 2 accident victims
- Venky Kudumula to direct star mega hero?