The theatrical trailer for Thalaivi, a biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine and former Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa, was unveiled a few days ago. The grand and dramatic trailer became a talking point across the country and especially in Tamil Nadu, whether the general elections are due very soon.
Meanwhile, a lawyer has written a petition to the Election Commission of India, seeking to restrain the display of any “publicity material” ahead of the Legislative Assembly polls in the state. The lawyer urged the EC to direct the makers and promoters along with the state’s Chief Electoral Officer to “stop the display of any publicity material pertaining to” Thalaivi and to “take down” the same that is already uploaded on social media.
The lawyer also sought directions for the Chief Electoral Officer to “not permit any roadshows or physical publicity programs in respect of the film”. Starring Kangana Ranaut and Arvind Swami in lead roles, Thalaivi is scheduled for release in theaters on April 23. AL Vijay directed Thalaivi and Vibri Media and Karma Media Entertainment banners produced it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Night Curfew in Telangana: Night shows cancelled in theaters
- Sunny Leone lands a title role in yet another south film
- Mahesh Babu’s touching b’day wishes for his mom
- Deepika Padukone posts a BTS video with Vijay’s superhit song
- Kriti Sanon to dub for her role in Adipurush?
- No change in Allu Arjun’s film’s release date?