Shankar Marthand’s upcoming film Poga might just turn out to be a dark horse at box office next year. Horror, despite its popularity across the world, is a relatively under explored theme in Telugu cinema. In the past, RGV had made few films like Deyyam, Bhoot and Phoonk; however, there are very films in Telugu which has come close to spooking the audience with all the thrills. Few years ago, Osho Tulasiram’s Mantra starring Charmee was received well. Now, Shankar Marthand is making a horror film titled Poga with Navdeep, Madhu Shalini, Randhir and Bindu Madhavi in lead roles. Anand Ranga, one of the producers of the film, said, “Poga is going to scare everyone to the core and will also send out a warning that fear is injurious to life.” Few months ago, there were reports that the audience can watch the film with 4D effect in select screens; however, the latest buzz is that Poga’s has dropped the idea and they are going to release the film in the conventional 2D format. Jayanan Vincent is the cinematographer and Mahesh Shankar is composing the music. The entire film’s shooting is expected to be wrapped up in the last week of November and the film might hit the screens early next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Clarity on Balayya-Boyapati film’s title to emerge soon
- Ace cinematographer reveals the biggest challenge while shooting RRR
- KGF 2 makers deny news about a crazy deal
- Teja speaks up on why Balayya was not invited to industry meets
- Dulquer to star in this crazy Mani Ratnam sequel?
- Talented heroine in Karnam Malleswari biopic?