Mani Ratnam’s big budget epic drama, Ponniyin Selvan has been one of the most talked about films in the South ever since the acclaimed director locked the cast and crew for the magnum opus. The film stars Aishwarya Rai, Vikram, Karthi, Keerthy Suresh, Jayam Ravi, Mohan Babu among many others.
Initially, there were reports that Anushka had opted out of the film for unknown reasons, and now, the latest buzz suggests that Sathyaraj, who was supposed to play a key role, too has opted out of the film. Although the exact reason why he had to let go off the project isn’t clear yet, buzz is that he has conveyed his decision politely to Mani Ratnam. Buzz is that senior actor Prabhu is going to play the role now.
To be produced by Lyca Productions and Madras Talkies, the film is going to be made in two parts. Ravi Varman and AR Rahman are onboard this prestigious project which is likely to go on floors in December this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Business in full swing for Balayya-Boyapati film?
- Buzz: Vaishnav Tej’s Uppena to release during this time
- Dhanush’s next project kept on hold
- Star hero’s dad composing stunts for Nagarjuna’s Wild Dog
- Yet another star hero approached for Muralidharan’s biopic
- Disappointment for Pawan fans – Vakeel Saab’s shoot getting delayed?