Veteran Tollywood comedian Potti Veerayya (74) breathed his last at a private hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest at his Chitrapuri residence in Manikonda, Hyderabad. Potti Veerayya’s funeral will be held today at Maha Prasthanam in Jubilee Hills. Potti Veerayya was born in Phanigiri in Suryapet, Telangana. He was a theatre actor in his school days and later moved to Madras to become a movie actor.
Condoling Veerayya’s demise, Chiranjeevi hailed his service to the Telugu film industry over the decades. “Potti Veerayya overcame numerous challenges in his life and acted in over 300 movies. I am deeply pained by his demise and I extend my condolences to his family members,” Chiranjeevi said in a press note. Chiru also attached a throwback picture of him posing with Potti Veerayya.
Incidentally, in one of his interviews a few years ago, Potti Veerayya said that he was alive only thanks to MAA which was founded by Chiru. “When Chiranjeevi garu came to know that I was unwell recently, he sent me Rs 2 lakhs towards my medical expenses,” Veerayya said.
Articles that might interest you:
- This is when Mahesh’s SVP will resume the shoot
- Shruthi Haasan in Balakrishna’s next?
- Balayya takes a key decision regarding Akhanda
- Anand Deverakonda in a psycho crime thriller
- Paayal Rajput overcomes her fear, gets vaccinated
- Covid 2nd wave: Team RRR send out an appeal to the nation