Top Bollywood director Prakash Jha is going to direct the remake of KV Anand’s Rangam (Ko) in Hindi. After the film, starring Jiiva, Ajmal and Karthika, went on to be a hit in Telugu and Tamil, several Bollywood actors and production houses vied for the remake rights. At one point of time, Akshay Kumar was in talks with Rangam’s producers for the remake rights and it seemed that the stage was set for him to close the deal. However, the talks didn’t materialize.
Recently, a section of media reported that KV Anand might direct the Hindi version as well with Ranbir Kapoor in lead role. But the latest news about Prakash Jha coming onboard to direct the Hindi version has brought some clarity to the remake’s production. Prakash Jha has directed some hard hitting films like Apaharan, Rajneeti and recently Aarakshan.
- PVP onboard Mahesh25 as a producer?
- Pawan, wife Anna step into their new residence in Vijayawada
- Date set for Pawan Kalyan’s eye surgery
- Akhil’s heroine lands a prestigious project
- Venky-Varun’s F2 all set for a grand launch