Local and national media houses were abuzz since afternoon with reports of actor Prakash Raj expressing severe dissent over film stars entering politics. “Actors becoming leaders is a disaster for my country,” Prakash Raj was quoted saying during a public event in Bengaluru this morning.
However, the actor took to Twitter and said that the media has misquoted him. Prakash Raj tweeted that he only said that actors should not come into politics only because they are popular and that they should come with a clear perception of the issues the country is facing and win the trust of people.
The actor concluded saying that we should not vote as fans but as responsible citizens.
— Prakash Raj (@prakashraaj) November 12, 2017
Articles that might interest you:
- Hollywood actor still keen to collaborate with Mahesh
- Will Pawan follow Chiru’s footsteps now?
- Samantha Akkineni is now Baby Akkineni
- Maharshi crosses a milestone in Chennai
- Happening young beauty in a shocking role?
- Record release for NGK in US; Telugu censor shortly