Prakash Raj has been living in his farmhouse, near Hyderabad now, for several weeks now, and has been taking care of several people who were stranded on his farm. Few days ago, he worked with the state government officials to send all those stranded people back to their homes safely, and now, he has shifted his focus on another crisis.
Ever since the lockdown was announced, thousands of migrant workers were forced to stay where they are. However, some of them started walking back to their home towns, sometimes walking more than 700 kms on foot. While the state governments have been arranging trains and buses for them to go back to their home towns, many more are still walking down the road. To help them, Prakash Raj, with the help of volunteers, is feeding nearly 500 people.
Apparently, Prakash Raj has been bearing all the expenses for cooking meals at his farm and distributing them to the needy everyday. The actor has also urged people to find a way to reach the migrant workers and not let them down in these tough times
#MigrantsOnTheRoad As my co citizens walk down the high way.. Cooking and sharing food with at least 500 of them everyday from my farm .. a #prakashrajfoundation initiative..🙏let’s not let them down.. 🙏please find a way to reach them .. celebrate humanity #JustAsking pic.twitter.com/3WB2A8PX1L
— Prakash Raj (@prakashraaj) May 10, 2020
Articles that might interest you:
- Bigg Boss 4- This eliminated contestant says the show is scripted?
- Poll : Which of these young players has impressed you in IPL 2020?
- Poll : What’s your take on Nishabdham’s OTT outcome?
- Amazon Prime’s Tamil anthology film with 5 acclaimed filmmakers
- Rashmika shares her beach workout routine
- Film Trivia : Guess the actress who is related to Lata Mangeshkar