Pa Ranjith, the young Tamil director who has made socially conscious movies like Madras and Rajinikanth’s Kabali and Kaala, is known for his straightforward comments on injustice in the society. In a latest incident, Pa Ranjith’s fitting retort to senior Tamil producer K Rajan for threatening to ‘destroy’ Chinmayi is winning appreciation.
At a recent film event in Chennai, K Rajan had threatened to ‘destroy’ Chinmayi for tarnishing the reputation of senior Tamil lyricist Vairamuthu for ‘cheap publicity’. On the same stage, Pa Ranjith condemned K Rajan’s comments and said that it’s high time Tamil film industry acknowledged harassment against women actors. He further said that instead of a thorough enquiry to give justice to women, people should not threaten them and hush up their complaints.
Articles that might interest you:
- Kamal demands the central govt to repeal the controversial Cinematography Amendment Bill
- Star Tamil hero to do an action-packed web series for Amazon
- Guntur Mirchi teaser – Mehboob Dil Se in action avatar
- Solid new poster of Sanjay Dutt as Adheera from KGF 2 out now
- Twists and turns to engage the audience in Timmarusu
- Maha Samudram’s promotions to kick-start with an intense video