Legendary Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan 2, has had a fabulous first weekend at the box offices worldwide. The film’s overseas performance is phenomenal, leaving its distributors jubilant.
In its opening weekend, Ponniyin Selvan 2 collected a massive $3.68M in North America. While the film collected another £618,281 in the UK, it went on to amass $1.5M in the UAE and another $0.6M in the Gulf countries. Ponniyin Selvan 2 also collected A$908,079 in Australia and NZ$116,649 in New Zealand respectively.
In Malaysia and Singapore, where Tamil movies enjoy a huge patronage from the local Tamils, Ponniyin Selvan 2 collected MYR 5.4M and $880K respectively. The film also collected another $1M in the Europe and $150K in the Rest of World. The film’s total 3-day overseas collection amounts to $10.41M (Rs 85 Cr).
In the Nizam region, PS2 collected a decent share of Rs 2.45 crore in its first weekend. The film’s total 3-day AP and Telangana share is Rs 4.35 crore from a gross of Rs 8.5 crore.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Spider-Man : Across the Spider-Verse – Visually okay, but lacks substance
- Mohan Babu and Vishnu Manchu to produce a film with a whopping 100 crore budget
- Innovative promotions make Mem Famous a double blockbuster
- Allu Aravind announces an exciting lineup of Geetha Arts’ future projects
- Guntur Kaaram’s first glimpse creates an all-time record
- Nikhil 20 is titled Swayambhu; First look poster is out now
Ad : Teluguruchi - Learn.. Cook.. Enjoy the Tasty food