Mahanati, the much-awaited biopic on legendary yesteryear Telugu heroine Savitri, is slated for release on May 9. The film’s entire shooting formalities have been wrapped up this morning and the unit held the traditional pumpkin breaking ceremony.
It’s been an emotional journey for the entire team of Mahanati. After several months-long painstaking research, the team toiled quite hard while recreating the golden period of Savitri and the Black and White days of Telugu Cinema on the sets. The team will now get busy with the post-production work.
Mahanati is being directed by Nag Ashwin and produced jointly by prestigious production houses Vyjayanthi Movies and Swapna Cinema. Keerthy Suresh reprises Savitri in the movie. Naga Chaitanya, Samantha, Dulquer Salmaan, Vijay Deverakonda, Mohan Babu, Prakash Raj, Shalini Pandey, Malavika Nair, Bhanu Priya, Divya Vani, Srinivas Avasarala, directors Krish and Tharun Bhascker played key roles in this biopic. Mickey J Meyer is scoring the music for the movie.
Articles that might interest you:
- Samantha reveals her best moment in these last ten years
- Raashi Khanna starts filming for much-awaited sequel
- Ananya Pandey flattered with Vijay Devarakonda’s persona
- Hectic schedules ahead for Mahesh Babu?
- Top Tollywood producers meet YS Jagan
- Star hero announces sequel to his hit film